European Championships, with the advent of COVID 19, has been postponed to next year. England remains as the favourite of the people as in the World Cup they played up their best performance. Many were expecting a good performance from England in the Euro 2021before it was postponed to next year. With one more year added, England has the opportunity to develop their team as well as to add new members to the squad. Gareth Southgate has been a promising coach to the team and the people respond positively to them.
The English fans will be expecting a lot from the players as most of them had a good season this year. Jadon Sancho even though belongs to the German club has attracted the likes of fan with his game. He has established himself as one of the best footballers in the world and he has also been linked with a move to Manchester United.
Chelsea attacker Callum Hudson-Odoi believes he can make the England squad for next year’s European Championships. The England international suffered a serious ankle injury towards the end of the 2018/19 campaign and that meant that he did not make another appearance until the final week of September.
Hudson-Odoi impressed on his return with a goal or an assist in each of his first six appearances. However, he thereafter struggled to replicate the form and managed only two more goalscoring contributions over the next four months. He picked up a hamstring injury which kept him out of action in February and that was followed by him contracting the coronavirus.
Wolverhampton Wanderers’ boss Nuno Espirito Santo has admitted his uncertainty over the future of Liverpool target Adama Traore. Traore has enjoyed a breakout campaign for the Molineux outfit and there have been increasing speculation regarding his future with several clubs interested in the pacy winger. Barcelona and Liverpool are the two clubs to have shown interest in the player.
Liverpool have gone one step ahead, as they have asked about his availability. Liverpool see the pacy winger as the replacement for Sadio Mane who has refused new contract offers from Liverpool. The 24-year old Spanish professional footballer has been consistent in the wings since he joined Wolves in 2018 form Middlesbrough. He has assisted eight goals so far and is viewed as an impact substitute at the Molineux.
The world is hit by COVID 19 pandemic and this has affected all sorts of sports. Football activity all around the globe has been suspended for the past three months. It has affected not only the ongoing tournaments but also the future campaigns. The World Cup qualifiers have been postponed and Euro 2020 has been postponed to next year.
The current problem that is pressuring by the Euro Cup committee is the problem of venues. The UEFA executive committee had scheduled the meeting on May 27 to discuss the conundrum regarding the venuesbut it was delayed and changed to June 17.
Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford has admitted that he wanted to rush back to action from his back problem in order to represent the national side at Euro 2020. The England international sustained the injury at the beginning of the year and it was confirmed by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer that he may not return to the playing field until May at the least.
Speaking to the United Podcast, Rashford has now revealed that he would have definitely made the push for an early comeback such that he could feature for the Three Lions at the summer tournament, he told: “I was probably going to go back (to training) mid or end of April. That would have been a push because I didn’t want to miss the summer, so I doubt I would have been 100% fit going into that tournament. Since then a lot has happened (but) for my body it’s been good to give it its full duration to rest. I pay attention (to what Rooney says) but at the same time it’s tough to say no to something where you could give it a good go. You want to try to play every game you can.”
Netherlands manager Ronald Koeman has confirmed that he would remain the head coach of the national team next summer after Euro 2020 was postponed. The Dutchman is understood to have mutually agreed to join the Blaugrana after the completion of Euro 2020 but he is now expected to continue with the national side after the continental competition was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Speaking to Marca, Koeman revealed that he has a clause to join the Blaugrana after the European Championship but that won’t get active until 2021, he told: “The clause in my contract to go to Barça is after the Euro Cup. No date has been mentioned, so now it is after the European Championship in 2021. But anyway, I haven’t thought about it for a second.”